Finally, we've taken the plunge and moved Joseph into a big boy bed (well, to be technically correct we've ordered the big boy bed and in the meantime he's in his old cot with the side removed. Add some dinosaur sheets and he thinks it's a whole new bed!). We've been putting this off for ages but had to move quickly when Joseph started demonstrating his ability to swing his legs over the side of the cot and climb out whenever he felt like it.
Here he is, ready for his first night in the big boy bed. He's so proud of his bed and will tell you all about it- he especially likes telling his little playgroup friends....all of whom have been in big boy beds for months and months.

All is going well so far, but I have had to get used to being greeted with scenes like this when I go and wake him up in the afternoon.
This was the worst, my heart stopped for a minute and I thought he'd managed to escape the room altogether. (yes, that is a lemon in his bed. no, I'm not sure why he took it to bed with him)
But then I spotted him in his chair. Maybe the bed was smelling a bit lemony to sleep in?
2 comments:
Oh that is just too sweet for words!
Rob x
Gorgeous photos. Guess they will sleep anywhere when tired enough! x
Post a Comment