Saturday, 11 December 2010

Elizabeth's Second Birthday

I thought I'd better post some pictures of Elizabeth's 2nd Birthday before she turns three. So without any further delay.....

Here's Elizabeth with the doll's cot that was my Mum's sisters, then Mum's, then mine and now Elizabeth's....all up three generations and about 75 years old. Brendan painstakingly repaired it, sanded through at least five different paint colours and then repainted it the original aqua. Then I sewed (!) sheets for it. And this is the only picture we have of Elizabeth with it. Why? Well, she basically pulled the sheet off it, said 'wow' and then didn't touch it for the rest of the day. Am happy to report though that a few weeks later she loves putting all of her babies to sleep in the cot.
The real hit present of her birthday was this stroller from Aunty Rosie. Both kids love it and I'm surprised that it hasn't been pulled in half yet. On the morning of her birthday, Elizabeth decided to walk her baby around the corner to the hardware shop with Dad.

Lots of stops to pick flowers and blow dandelions.

Slow progress- ten minutes later and still at the house next door. I just wish I'd followed them for a bit longer- once they got around the corner Elizabeth decided she was sick of walking. So Dad carried her, the pram and the doll all the way to the hardware and home.


The butterfly cake....requested because it had lots of 'wollies' on top.


Seeing the cake for the first time.

Blowing out the candles (with a bit of help from Grandma Elaine in the background).
Giving herself a round of applause.

Happy girl.

Daddy's girl.



No comments: